Hello All,
        I'm having trouble loading a geoset in MapXtreme. The geoset can be quite
happily loaded using the geoset manager on the server but seems to stall
when I try to load it through ASP. The geoset has approx 50 layers which
makes we wonder if the object within VB script has some kind of limitation.
        To illustrate the problem I've stripped out all the ASP library stuff...

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<%
    Dim oMap
    Dim oSess

    Set oMap = server.createobject("MapInfo.MapXcourier")
    Set oSess = oMap.GetMapXFromNewServer("E:\Program
Files\MapInfo\MapXtreme\Maps\testmoss1.gst")
'COMMENT    Set oSess = oMap.GetMapXFromNewServer("E:\Program
Files\MapInfo\MapXtreme\Maps\newmoss.gst")
    oSess.setsize 1200, 1200
    oSess.ExportMap
"E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MossMap_Dev\MarketingMap\mapimage\hamish.gif", 2
    Set oSess = Nothing
    Set oMap = Nothing
%>
<HTML>
<HEAD></head>
<INPUT TYPE="image" NAME="imgMap"
SRC="http://mosssql/mossmap_dev/mapimage/hamish.gif" BORDER=0>

when debugging the ASP , the program seems to hang on the
GetMapXFromNewServer for up to a minute then returns oSess as
Nothing.(newmoss.gst is a test geoset with a just 5 layers or so as a test
which works) (I've extended script timeout and session timeout to 10 mins so
it's not the script timing out)

The same code as a test in Access '97 on the server loads the geoset
fine.....

Sub testmapper()
    Dim oMap
    Dim oSess

    Set oMap = CreateObject("MapInfo.MapXcourier")
    Set oSess = oMap.GetMapXFromNewServer("E:\Program
Files\MapInfo\MapXtreme\Maps\testmoss1.gst")
    oSess.setsize 1200, 1200
    oSess.ExportMap "E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MossMap_Dev\mapimage\hamish.GIF", 2

    Set oSess = Nothing
    Set oMap = Nothing

End Sub

Server is running IIS4
Can anyone tell me where to go next. I suppose in theory I could do all the
map generation in a VB dll as a wrapper to MapX but I don't see why should
'reinvent the wheel'.

I'm no IIS or ASP expert so any advice would be gratefully reveived

Hamish