Paula,

One of my Ph.D. students did the complete readjustment of
the Tomb Point Datum for Niue last semester.  It was a
series of interlocking classical traverse loops with
several co-located geodetic-quality GPS stations.  The
project is 100% complete, and I have the standard topo map
of Niue in which the "atlas grid" is actually the local
survey grid with 1Km grid blocks lettered for the tourists.
 The entire project was adjusted with a rigorous least
squares network adjustment with the latest debugged version
of "ADJUST" by the U.S. National Geodetic Survey.

I can't release the stuff to you yet because I have not had
time to send the Government of Niue a copy of the final
report.  Maybe I can do it this week ... when they approve
it then maybe I can ...

HOWEVER,

Whatever happened to the copies of McCaw's books on Viti
Levu, Vanua Levu, and Taveuni, as well as a copy of Mike
Poidevin's report that Litea Biukoto (of SOPAC) promised
she was going to send to me last September?  (That's
September 20, 1999).

I'll let you see mine after you let me see yours ...

Clifford J. Mugnier ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Topographic Engineering Laboratory
UNIVERSITY OF NEW ORLEANS
New Orleans, Louisiana  70148