From: Peter Robinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 7:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MI Find duplicates in a column of MapInfo table

We have been processing large amounts of plot based development data. Often
we get multiple applications for one plot, and just as you want, only one
instance of each ID.  The easiest way was to export the table to Excel,
sort on the column and remove the duplicates.  If any one knows an easier
way, I would love to hear it!

Cheers and I hope that this helps!

Peter Robinson
Reseach Associate                       Director
Urban Frontiers Program, UWS    Peter Robinson Associates

At 03:18 PM 2/29/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a MapInfo table and I want to find duplicates in a column of this
>table called "CODE" (text 8 characters). This column must contains one
>and only one ID.
>
>How can I find those duplicates (e.g., in ArcView, I can use the command
>"SUMMARIZE") ?
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Best regards
>
>Frédéric CHAUVIN

Peter Robinson
BTP(Hons 1)(UNSW) M.Des.Sci(Comp)(Sydney) MA(UrbDes)(OxfordBrookes)
Research Associate
Urban Frontiers Program
UWS - Macarthur
PO Box 555
Campbelltown NSW 2560 Australia

Ph: +61 2 4620 3499
Fx: +61 2 4620 3447
Mb: 0414 470 929
Em: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit the Urban Frontiers Web Site to find out more about us, our programs
and research: http://fistserv.macarthur.uws.edu.au/ufp/