Aaaargh, aaaargh, aaargh!

I'm going bald quickly, please help...

I have an application to access borehole data held on and oracle
server. Connection is via oracle 7 drivers.
Now. the program was written and compiled in mapbasic 4 and mapbasic 5
so that the difference in Server_connectXXXXXhconn  could be
accommodated.
The problem is that I have a client running Mapinfo version 4.5. it
wont run the version 5 MBX, and it wont run the version 4 mbx because
it says that the server_connectqelibhconn command is no longer
supported..

I dont have mapbasic 4.5

Any ideas?

regards