I have started using ECW for compressing images in MI, and I have been very
excited because it works so well, but I have run into a problem, when I
print the layout with an ECW compressed image, the print is quite patchy,
showing the compression scheme--it looks quite poor.  I have been printing
on an HP5000 laser printer.  Any suggestions - should I use lower
compression, or use the original scanned image (a bmp) for printing to get a
smoother/sharper image?  Thanks in advance.

Forest Pearson, Engineering Geologist, EIT
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Gartner Lee Limited
Suite C, 206 Lowe St.
Whitehorse, Yukon