-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Alistair Hart
Sent: March 30, 2000 10:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI Bivariate thematic mapping

Has anyone done bivariate thematic mapping in MapInfo using two different
variables succesfully?

I would like to be able to map a dengue fever outbreak and fill property
polygons (regions) with a  foreground colour for each mosquito species
detected and then change the fill of the same polygons so it varies
according to the number of breeding sites on the premise.

I have successfully managed each operation separately but am having
difficulty organising the thematic mapping so that both variables are
displayed.

I already have symbols on the map polygons to indicate other variables so
that why I would like to use the polygon fill to state on of the variables.

Please tell me there is an answer to this! -Maybe an .mbx that takes
thematic mapping a little further? aaaagggghh......

TIA
PS: "remember the insect repellent and 'avagoodweekend"

Alistair Hart
Dengue Action Response Team
Tropical Public Health Unit
Cairns, Australia