I have an immense project which entails alot of recoloring of selected line
segments, I am new to Map Basic and am attempting to change the colour of
the current active selected objects. Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated!

Here is the code I have used so far. The error message says "cannot convert
data"

Regards Kenn

include "mapbasic.def"
dim tmpObj as Object
dim pen_style as Pen

tmpObj=Selection.obj
tmpObj = ObjectInfo(Selection.obj, OBJ_INFO_PEN)
pen_style = MakePen(3,9,RED)

Alter Object tmpObj Info OBJ_INFO_PEN, pen_style

Update tmpObj
        Set pen_style = MakePen(3, 9, RED)