Simon W Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I have a question for any Vertical Mapper guru's out there.
>
> Is it possible to create a grid/3D drape in vertical mapper from existing
contour lines. ie. digitised into Mapinfo from paper copy maps? If so, could
you please give me some advice as to how to go about it.

> Thanks for your responses
>
> Simon

Simon,

Yes, it is possible to use your existing contour lines.  If the contours are
closed (and non-overlapping) polygons you should use the Region to Grid
function in VM.

If your lines are simple lines or the polygons overlap, it would be best to
extract all of the nodes along those lines into a new points table (with all
of the attributes found in your lines.tab).  Use the Poly-to-Point function in
VM.

Create a grid off of the points.tab, make a 3-D drape file and you're on your
way!

Jo

*****  Visit the New Website!  ******
*****   www.TerrAnalysis.com   ******