The question:

>When opening a .DBF file created with Visual FoxPro 6, I get the error
message "This table contains unsupported field types ...". All fields are
either numeric or character, >none with more than 10 characters in its name,
no blanks, etc.  Could it be that MapInfo does not support .DBF files
created by Visual Foxpro 6?

The solution:

Save the file in an earlier version of .dbf (IV for instance).  Worked fine.

Thanks to Agustin Estrada-Pena, John Chioles, Jason Adam, Jeff Peddycoart,
Steve Kalmbach, and Jennifer Duncan, who all directed me to the solution
above.  Sounds like everybody knew the solution, but me.

What a great list!

Claude Lavoie
Service du soutien à la clientèle
Direction des technologies de l'information
Ministère des Transports du Québec
35, rue de Port-Royal Est, salle 5.00 a
Montréal (Québec)
H3L 3T1

Téléphone:      (514) 873-6280
Télécopieur:    (514) 873-8203
Courriel:       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]