Dear List Members,

I have had a rare experience with MapInfo and the Mac. It happened as follows:

I have received three AV files in non-earth format for El Salvador: districts,
departamentos and district towns.

I have been able to translate with universal translator all three layers. All
three layers can be opened in MI 5.5 without any problems.

I have been able to open two layers on the Mac pltform by using MI 4.0.3 for
the Mac.

I have not been able to open the last layers (tab file) neither as an import.
The Mac message is that the file can be opened but can not be edited. It can be
edited in MI 4.5. Is this an attempt by MI to slowly kill the Mac version?

Everything else MI runs fine on the Mac version on Mac OS 9.0.4 and 9.0

Any idea to work around this problem...

Ole Frank