Dear Mr Eagle

A member of Ordnance Survey saw your enquiry on the Map Info user group and
has passed it to me.  This information is available on our website in an
information paper.

Go to our home page at www.ordnancesurvey.gov.uk
Click on copyright and technical on the left hand side.  This will give you
access to some drop down options.
Click on technical information. This will give you access to some more drop
down options.
Click on GPS and co-ordinates.
Scroll down on the main page and go into the information paper "A guide to
co-ordinate systems in GB".  This has information and formulas for
conversions.

If you have any further enquiries do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Alison Laker
Ordnance Survey