Mike,
           Just open the "Table... Update Column" dialog, choose an integer
column, and in the "Value" field type

rowid

Cheers,

Pete.

                    "LEPAGE, MIKE

                    (MIKE)"                    To:     "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                    m>                         Subject:     MI making a unique id
column
                    Sent by:

                    owner-mapinfo-l@lis

                    ts.csn.net

                    12/05/00 01:16 AM

Can anyone tell me how I can add a column to my data and have it contain a
unique ID?

I have about 30,000+ polygons in a table, but for joining and merging I
need
to have a unique identifier for each.  I can't take it out of mapinfo and
do
it as that will lose the map data portion of the data.  The unique id I
want
can just be a number starting at 1 and incrementing to the end.

thanks,

Mike Lepage
Sr. RF Engineer / Project Manager
Lucent Technologies