Has anyone had success creating a projection in MI using an affine
transformation as outlined in Appendix H of the User's Guide?  When we
follow the instructions for the projection string, and create a projection
that presumably maps non-earth (local grid) coordinates to an earth based
coordinate system, our results are WAY OFF...

We note that if we create points with the new projection line, without
bounds, and check the projection information of the newly mapped points, it
is not indicating the same projection we created the points with.

Am I doing something totally insane here? Am I correct in my understanding
of what this affine transformation is supposed to do?

Any direct help or pointers to list threads etc would be greatfully
appreciated and the more ASAP the more appreciated they will be!!!

TIA

Cinda Graubard