Alberto-
I get the same thing all the time - quite annoying I'd say.  I'm not sure
what it is, but I suspect that there is a memory problem whereby it captures
everything up to a certain point and then drops the fill.  One workaround
that sometimes works for me is to set up the layout as you want it (say on a
landscape 8.5x11 paper) then change the paper size to something bigger like
a landscape D size so that there is extra paper showing on the side that is
not being captured entirely (right side?).  Now export the window as a wmf.
You'll have extra to crop off in Word or PowerPoint, but it may retain the
fills for you.
Good luck with that-
Jason
Jason Adam