Recently while checking the MapInfo website for the latest info on MapXsite
and MapXtreme I ran into MapXtend which apparently would allow users to
receive maps via wireless PDA's This kind of opens up the whole Idea of
using PDA's to access maps. As a Palm user for a couple of years and a Solus
user (Delorme) for the past few months, I've found the PDA user interface
somewhat lacking when it come to using spatial technology. But since the
state of the art in this area is changing by the nano-second, I fully expect
to be asked about putting maps on PDA's soon.
So here the question, can I create maps using MapInfo in a format that can
be loaded onto a PDA? I don't need the wireless connection that MapXtend
seems to have. All I would like to do is take a map that I have now, load it
on my Palm III, hook up a GPS and go into the field and have the GPS locate
me on the map. The ability to display/update data would be an option.

TIA

Doug Wilson