-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Flavio Hendry
Sent: 27 July 2000 08:30
To: Opitz, David; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: MI Mapxsite

Hi David

Why not change to a newer version of Netscape (why go and install plug-ins
if a newer version does it ???) Probably you use the Java Applet and you
have an ancient version that does not support Java. And probably the old
version will not support any plug-ins anyway ... Hint to your client or
whoever it is: change to a newer version and if you do not want to do that
just change to plain old DOS command line and forget graphics and play with
edlin ....

When creating MapXsite stuff, we do explicitely not support any version
older then 4.05, it is already pain enough to support two browsers,
especially if you want to do sophisticated applications using css and
javascript ... (which have nicely to be programmed twice, once for IE and
once for NS ... this is called "standards" and "compatibility") ...

And where is Netscape anyway ? I'm not a fan of MicroSoft, but if you look
at the Beta of NetScape 6, you need these bags they distribute on planes ...

Regards

Flavio

xxxxxx Announcing the ultimate JavaScript Mapping Solution xxxxxx
      !!! Neapoljs: Live on http://www.mapserver.ch !!!!
############      Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind Regards
############       Flavio Hendry- mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
############         TYDAC AG - http://www.tydac.ch
####    ####        Geographic Information Solutions
####    ####         Buristrasse 23 -- CH-3006 Bern
############   Tel +41 (0)31 368 0180 - Fax +41 (0)31 368 1860