Dear all

I am doing some research on the use of GIS in the mining industry
and would appreciate any hints about problems which could be
solved with help of GIS.
I am using Mapinfo and Vertical Mapper. Our main deposit is
horizontally bedding oil shale, mined in both underground (room
and pillar and longwall) and surface (open-cast) mines.
Any new contacts and ideas are welcome. I'm also looking for
WEB PAGES about this matter or DISCUSSION GROUPS where
GIS for MINING could be discussed
Papers about my jobs could be found at:
http://staff.ttu.ee/~ingo/mgis.html

Thanks in advance, Ingo