Simon,

I don't think there will be an easily (or legally!) available useful
copy on the internet, so you'd either have to shell out for a copy or
get one from a kind soul with one to spare. It seems the New
Internationalist will send you one if you subscribe.

I won't even make a pretense of addressing this volatile issue, but
there are a couple of web pages listed below with pretty good background
info about the whole debate, and they have small pictures of the map to
give you some idea of what it looks like. I would especially recommend
taking a look at the article by Crampton available at Robert Frank's
site to get a good idea of the history of the issue (last link below).

Geog 222 Lecture Outline: Peter's Map Projection Controversy
http://www.owu.edu/~jbkrygie/krygier_html/geog_222/geog_222_lo/geog_222_lo17.html

the impossibility of a fair world-projection (Robert Frank)
http://webalumno.iese.edu/00Hofland/proj/projmain.htm

Cartography's defining moment: the Peters Projection controversy
1974-1990
(see the explanatory note at the bottom of Frank's main page about
figures and references)
http://webalumno.iese.edu/00Hofland/proj/crampton.htm

Enjoy!

Kurt Ackermann