Trey's solution gets my James Michael Curley Boston vote (about twenty per person).  Leaves the list uncluttered and allows the individual sponsor to provide maximum information or irritation to those unwary enough  to click the link.

Best,

John
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2000 12:15 PM
Subject: Re: MI ad or else?

Nothing is really free, so everyone needs to "ante up" here.....sponsors, vars, and readers.

There are enough business users [MapInfo/MapBasic not general GIS] here, whether large "corporate" or individuals like me, to support this effort.

My List History folder contains about 6100 entries since 11/1998 -- minus some ads and rants
6000 / 24 = 250 posts per month

If $25 per month [$125 for 5 + 1 free] for this type of ad is going to break me then I'm in the wrong business.......

SUGGESTIONS:

One-liner add to the end of all posts with a link to a page with this months sponsors which gives them more space and options on how their ad would look and work

Two-liner with product/company and link, rotated thru current sponsor list, added to end of post

THIS POSTING SUPPORTED BY:
DiaBuilder2000  -- Visual MapBasic Development

OOPS was that an ad....................My US$0.02