Juanse,

You could write a MapBasic program using the following logic:

dim rowid, type as integer
dim alt, number, postid as float (?)

open input_table
open output_table

fetch first from input_table
do while not eot(input_table)
   rowid = input_table.rowid
   type = input_table.type
   if input_table.text = "" then
      fetch next from input_table
      alt = val(input_table.text)
      fetch next from input_table
      number = val(input_table.text)
      fetch next from input_table
      postid = val(input_table.text)
      insert into output table values (rowid, type, alt, number, postid)
   end if
loop
commit output_table
close input_table

At 10:21 PM 10/11/2000, you wrote:
>for any one awaik at the moment and willing to help
>

>I have a table created from a dwg. The final output is a table with points
>and text.
>
>For each point (9400 in total), the next three row contains text that should
>be associated with that point.
>
>How can I do that with mapbasic window or mapbasic (mbx).
>

>table now
>rowid    type    text
>1            5        ""
>2            1        altitude1
>3            1        number1
>4            1        post id1
>5            5        ""
>6            1        altitude2
>7            1        number2
>8            1        post id2
>..... and so on....
>table as need
>
>rowid    type     altitude       number    post_id
>1            5        altitude1    number1    post id1
>2            5        altitude2    number2    post id2
>
>thanks
>
>Juanse
>Temuko-Chile

                     David L. Dennis
SOFPREP Support Manager       Phone:  (904) 881-2312
TYBRIN Corporation                     DSN: 641-2312
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            FAX:    (904) 881-4985