Hi Dan

You could avoid having duplicate datasets at all by using a hotlinking
program,
such as MapLinker. Basically it was designed to do what you want to do, and
it means that you can use your ID in your mappable field to link to a
database record with the same ID. Therefore if you click on the house in MI,
the corresponding access table will open and give you all the information
you require, thus removing the need for duplicate information and allowing
it to be updated whenever you need to. Unlike MI hotlinks, it also lets you
link back from access to the corresponding map object in MI, and you can
link numerous file types to a single map object (eg. a photo, an access
form, a word document etc)

If you are interested, contact your local reseller (details at
www.geobasemap.coom) or have a look at our website
(www.pelicangeographics.co.uk).

regards
Caroline