How do I use latitude and longitude data like this in MapInfo?  I there
a utility or formula I can use?

Most of my well data is in this form:

The well location is given in latitude and longitude, then a
displacement from the latitude and longitude in hundredths of a mile is
given.

EX: well is located 3,162 feet south of latitude 40 degrees, 27 minutes,
30 seconds
    And 1,120 feet west of longitude 79 degrees, 32 minutes, 30 seconds

How do I convert the distance measurements into degrees?  The conversion
of min, sec into decimal degrees isn't a problem, just the conversion of
the distance.

Thanx,

Scott B. Huntington
Great Oak Energy Inc.