Jacques Paris and I have been discussing a problem that might
concern MapBasic developers who use Windows API calls in their code.
Functions like WritePrivateProfileString() require Kernel32.dll, but
it doesn't appear to be in Windows2000. Is this true? If so, what's
the alternative to using API functions found in Kernel32.dll?

I don't have W2000 myself, but with more people being assimilated by
Windows 2000 and soon to be sliding down the razor bladed upgrade
path into the salt water of XP, we would like to know if there is a
potential computability issue regarding API calls about to develop
here.

Will sum.
--
- Bill Thoen
GISnet, 1401 Walnut St., Suite C, Boulder, CO  80302