Hi LGS,

I complained to Tech Support that the very effect you described occurred
when attempting buffering. The solution, off-the-wall as it seemed to me,
actually WORKED. It may for you, too.

QUOTE
This is probably the pernicious error that has cropped up from time to
time, and drives us tech support people mad.
On the computers that do not crash, check which printer is set as the
default. I suspect they will have a different printer, or possibly a
different printer driver.

A Floating Point Exception error has occured in the following
circumstances:

     a printer driver has not been loaded
     a printer driver is not properly installed
     a printer driver is causing a conflict with Mapinfo

Install an updated driver or re-install the printer driver through the
Windows Control Panel.
END QUOTE

HTH.

Best regards,

Alex Eshed                   Tel: +972-3-961-5840
Digi-Tek Ltd.                Fax: +972-3-961-5877
12 Homa St.                 Cell: +972-54-859109
Rishon LeZion 75655
Israel                    email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]