From: Brooks, Stephen
Sent: 11 February 2002 13:53
To: Mi-L (E-mail)
Subject: MI-L Transparent Rasters.

When I print a transparent raster image from MapInfo at A3 do I create a
file size that is 560mb+?????  Also when I eventually get to print the map
the raster imagery becomes 'jumbled' and does not print a complete image.

I can print exactly the same image in transparency from CAD and create a
file only 38mb with no problems at all.

Why is MapInfo so bad at printing raster images and is there anything I can
do to reduce the file sizes so that it prints in less than two hours?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen Brooks
Steer Davies Gleave