-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Brooks,
Stephen
Sent: 21 February 2002 15:34
To: Mi-L (E-mail)
Subject: RE: MI-L Transparent Rasters.

Thanks to everyone that helped, but despite all of the responses not one
of them actually worked.

However I did find a solution to my problem, but is was a little more
taxing than I first thought. Would you believe that in order to get
transparent rasters to work properly with a sensible print time and file
size with the new style OS 1:10,000 data I had to .......

Convert image from colour to greyscale.

Convert grayscale to Bitmap

Convert the image to a negative in photoshop or similar (looks black)

Turn OFF raster handling in MapInfo

Make sure image transparency is on and contrast and brightness options
are set to 70%

Select Transparency colour to be WHITE (not black as you would logically
think with a negative image)

Then I could print my file in < 2 minutes (instead of > 2 hours) with a
file size of 5mb (rather than 2GB)

Don't ask how I found this out but it works and thats all I care about.

Regards

Stephen