-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Brooks,
Stephen
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 1:55 PM
To: Mapinfo Mailing List
Subject: RE: MI-L SQL

Thanks to everyone else that helped out on this problem.

The summary....

Invert selection does not work after you have made an SQL Query.

Select * from points where not obj within any (select obj from polygon) into
Selection (Applying this calculation made MI crash out instantly????? No
idea why!)

The only solution that seemed to work was using the Boundary Select tool
from the tool bar and then invert selection.  As far as I am aware this is
the same as running a SQL Query and inverting.  Why one way works and the
other does not is another of MI little mysteries.

Regards

Stephen