Hello Juan,

JSBJ> I've notice this, but I understand it is for *.img erdas images
JSBJ> and not for *.lan. I wrote directly to microolap to see if they
JSBJ> can build something for *.lan but no reply yet.

You really need a product of such kind only if you use ERDAS 7.X. If
you have 8.X - simply import .LAN file into .IMG (Import/Export
dialog) and use imgrhl.

Certainly, we can develop something like lanrhl, but we have not
enough quantity of requests yet.

JSBJ>   ----- Original Message -----=20
JSBJ>   From: Driver, Greg 9434=20
JSBJ>   To: Juan S. Barros J. ; MapInfo=20
JSBJ>   Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 10:56 AM
JSBJ>   Subject: RE: MI-L Lan to tab

JSBJ>   Juanse,=20

JSBJ>   Searching google with Erdas to Mapinfo comes up with this utility from =
JSBJ> MicrooLap - http://www.microolap.com/gis/imgrhl.htm  Apparently it =
JSBJ> MapInfo the ability to open and display raster images in ERDAS Imagine =
JSBJ> format.  You can download a 30-day evaluation copy. =20

JSBJ>   Greg=20

JSBJ>     -----Original Message-----=20
JSBJ>     From:   Warren Vick, Europa Technologies Ltd. =
JSBJ> [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]=20
JSBJ>     Sent:   Friday, March 01, 2002 13:42=20
JSBJ>     To:     Juan S. Barros J.; MapInfo=20
JSBJ>     Subject:        RE: MI-L Lan to tab=20

JSBJ>     Hello Juanse,=20

JSBJ>     I found the following software, "WinDisp" with a Google search for =
JSBJ> "lan=20
JSBJ>     image convert".=20

JSBJ>     http://ag.arizona.edu/~epfirman/=20

JSBJ>     WinDisp claims to be able to read LAN files and write Windows BMPs. =
JSBJ> If you=20
JSBJ>     don't mind re-registering your images (and don't have too many), =
JSBJ> this may be=20
JSBJ>     a way of getting the imagery into MapInfo.=20

JSBJ>     Regards,=20
JSBJ>     Warren Vick=20
JSBJ>     Europa Technologies Ltd.=20
JSBJ>     http://www.europa-tech.com=20

JSBJ>     -----Original Message-----=20
JSBJ>     From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]=20
JSBJ>     [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Juan S. =

JSBJ>     Barros J.=20
JSBJ>     Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 1:27 PM=20
JSBJ>     To: MapInfo=20
JSBJ>     Subject: MI-L Lan to tab=20

JSBJ>     Based on the no replies to lan to tab images question on my previous =
JSBJ> =3D=20
JSBJ>     Fire, Fire post i imagine there is no way inside mapinfo to =
JSBJ> transform =3D=20
JSBJ>     erdas *.lan images set for arcview to a usable format with in =
JSBJ> mapinfo.=20

JSBJ>     I've been only able to find in the tools and *.img to *.tab =
JSBJ> trasformer, =3D=20
JSBJ>     but nothing from lan to tab.=20

JSBJ>     Question is still open ....=20

JSBJ>     TIA=20

JSBJ>     Juanse=20

JSBJ>     ---=20
JSBJ>     Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.=20
JSBJ>     Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).=20
JSBJ>     Version: 6.0.325 / Virus Database: 182 - Release Date: 19/02/02=20

JSBJ>     =
JSBJ> _______________________________________________________________________=20
JSBJ>     List hosting provided by Directions Magazine | www.directionsmag.com =
JSBJ> |=20
JSBJ>     To unsubscribe, send e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and =

JSBJ>     put "unsubscribe MapInfo-L" in the message body.=20

JSBJ>     =
JSBJ> _______________________________________________________________________=20
JSBJ>     List hosting provided by Directions Magazine | www.directionsmag.com =
JSBJ> |=20
JSBJ>     To unsubscribe, send e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and =

JSBJ>     put "unsubscribe MapInfo-L" in the message body.=20

JSBJ>   Internet communications are not secure and therefore Surrey Police =
JSBJ> does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  =
JSBJ> This email and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain =
JSBJ> privileged information and are intended for the named addressee (s) =
JSBJ> only. They must not be distributed without our consent. If you are not =
JSBJ> the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete the =
JSBJ> message and any attachments from your computer, do not disclose, =
JSBJ> distribute, or retain this email or any part of it. Unless expressly =
JSBJ> stated, opinions in this email are those of the individual sender, and =
JSBJ> not of Surrey Police. We believe but do not warrant that this e-mail and =
JSBJ> any attachments are virus free. You must therefore take full =
JSBJ> responsibility for virus checking. Surrey Police reserves the right to =
JSBJ> monitor all email communications through their networks.

JSBJ>   ---

--
Best regards,
Edward Smirnov