From: Ken Hickey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 1:43 PM
To: MapInfo-L
Subject: MI-L too many files open?

G'day

I have a workspace with 2 windows and 71 tables open. It has been working
fine, but now everytime I edit a table I get an error message telling me
that it can't open the map (the active window) as I have too many files
open. If I save the table after every edit the error message goes away, but
this is not an efficent fix. I didn't have this problem a few days ago with
the same number of tables open and I have closed and restarted MapInfo. Does
anyone know a fix for this, or will I have to close some of the tables (I
don't want to do this if I can help it). Is there a maximum limit to the
number of Tables MapInfo will work with? I am using MapInfo 6.5 on Win2000
with 1Gb of memory. Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers
Ken Hickey

Kenneth Hickey
Mineral Deposit Research Unit (MDRU)
Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences
University of British Columbia
6339 Stores Rd, Vancouver, BC  V6T 1Z4, Canada
phone +1-604-822-3765; Fax +1-604-822-6088
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

.