Hi all,

I'm investigating the possibility of using PDF as an alternative to
the HTML Image Map tool that comes with Mapinfo.

The purpose is to create scalable, zoomable maps of bus routes and bus
stops that will be published to the internet.  It appears that PDF is
the easiest way to do this.

BUT...

I need the bus stops and bus routes to be clickable objects within the
PDF.  When the user clicks on one they are taken to another web page.
Essentially I'm after an embedded hotlink within the PDF.

Is this possible?

So far my attempts of using PDF Writer only produced 'dumb' pages, the
hotlink specified within the workspace was ignored in the final PDF.

Also I'm aware that I can introduce these hotlinks manually using the
editing features of PDF Writer, but this would be impractical as I
have hundreds of pages to produce.

Am I pursuing a dead end here?

Cheers,

Peter Zyczynski