From: Ian Tidy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 6:18 AM
To: MapInfo-L; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI-L SUM: External Subroutines and Functions

Thanks to everyone who replied.

The simple answer is No.

You can run an executable from MapBasic, but you can't directly call a
specific function in an executable (you can't treat an EXE like a DLL).

The work around was to re-write the EXE and compile it as a DLL (something
that I was trying to avoid, but it is done now and works).

Special thanks to
Martin Higham
Peter Horsbøll Møller
Uffe Kousgaard

Cheers Ian
Ian Tidy
GIS Administrator
Works Asset
Napier City Council
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.napier.govt.nz

Attention:
This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain information
that is confidential and subject to legal privilege. Any information
provided is given in good faith. However unless specifically stated to the
contrary, Napier City Council accepts no liability for the content of this
e-mail or for the consequences of any action taken on the basis of the
information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in
writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any
use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or data is
prohibited. If you received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
immediately and erase all copies of this message and attachments. Thank you.