Hi Trey!

I must say I do not see your point, could you elaborate?

As for cataloging all county roads, you (and others) might be interested in
reading about the Swedish national initiative for a national road database,
known as NVDB.
There is a lot of information in english at the Swedish National Road
Authority's website:

http://www.vv.se/nvdb/en/index.asp

Hälsning/ Best regards Mats.E
________________________
FB Engineering AB
Södra Förstadsgatan 26
211 43 Malmö

Tel: 040-665 64 80
Mobil: 0705-27 60 27
Fax: 040-665 69 90
e-post: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.fbe.se

                      "Trey Pattillo"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          Till:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                               Kopia:

MapBasic
                      Sänd svar till

                      "Trey Pattillo"

Marketing......Marketing......Marketing......

Yesterday was one of the *long days*
office at 7am, 10am left for 4hr drive to 3pm meeting, 6pm 4hrs back home
at
10pm

The meeting was for the Technology Committee [I'm a member] for the Texas
Assoc of Regional Councils
there are 254 counties divided into 24 *regions*

Topic of discussion, some lame brained bill about cataloging all county
roads

BUT ..............who's in the audience taking it all in but our favorite
competitor

As a *tech committe* in the future I will not be silent, [not enough time
for the times this time] and see that *alternative* and often free
solutions
are available.

I do believe that given any complex problem there is an obvious and simple
solution that is absolutely wrong.
But for a county that has no money, and I don't have the time to do work
for
my 12, then alternatives are a viable solution.

Trey Pattillo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.wap3.com
N27.799013 W-97.665322