From: Michael Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 4:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI-L Convert Polygon Map to Points Map

Hi,

I would like to convert a polygon map into a points map.  I have tried this
in mapbasic window:

Update mapname Set obj = CreatePoint (CentroidX(obj), CentroidY(obj))
<enter>

but does not seem to work correctly on my map.  It does convert all 362
poly's into one single point location on map.  When I click the info tool on
the one point I can see all 362 records in one location.  Does anyone know
what I could be doing wrong?  Maybe there is another method that I can use
to achieve this.  Thanks for any help.

Mike