We've had that happened to us as well.  It seems to be when you go back and
forth between the layout view and map view fairly quick.  We are running
Windows 2000 on a CITRIX environment.  Our IT department does not think it
has to do with the graphics card.  Is this a MapInfo bug?

Philip Lesnik
Research Systems Analyst, Market Research
General Growth Properties, Inc.
110 N. Wacker Drive   BSC 3-13
Chicago, IL  60606
312-960-2998
312-960-5519 (fax)

                      "David Reid"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "'Alan Gunn'" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>,
                      net>                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                               cc:

                      08/23/2004 01:28         Subject:  RE: MI-L labels causing
unresponsiveness
                      PM

Without knowing what OS and graphics card you're running, one quick
test/attempt
to fix this would be to open your display properties and lower your
hardware
excelleration on your graphics card, one notch, reboot if asked to, see if
that
fixes it. If not, you might repeat this a couple times lowering your
hardware
excelleration each time.

Naturally, my next suggestion would be to check with the mfr. Of your
system or
card and make sure you have the latest greatest video drivers.

HTH
David Reid