From: Christine Schildhauer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: August 31, 2004 09:56
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI-L drawing order for lines

Hi list,
is it possible to force Mapinfo to draw lines in a userdefined order within one layer
? I have one layer with lots of lines. The lines have a gray or yellow color. I would
like to draw all grey lines first and the yellow ones on top of the grey.

I know it would be possible to select the grey and the yellow ones in different
queries or separat layers, and manage the order in the table manager - but
we don't want to do it this way.

Trying to sort the table with the grey lines as first datasets and the yellow lines as
last datasets doesn't help. So far I thought Mapinfo draws objects in the order of the
datasets but wrong...

Any suggestions?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christine Schildhauer

Ingenieurgruppe IVV GmbH
Saarbrücker Straße 36A
10405 Berlin
Tel: (030) 818 772-13
Fax: (030) 818 772-22
MailTo:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http:\\www.ivv-berlin.de <http://www.ivv-berlin.de/>

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]