From: Uffe Kousgaard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 16 September 2004 9:29 a.m.
To: Mapinfo-L
Subject: Re: MI-L OT - Windows Programming Philosophy

On .NET the registry is no longer in fashion, since .NET applications can
run on other platforms than windows. Here the latest fashion dictate XML (I
guess), but you can safely keep using INI files for all your applications.
Text files never disappear.

INI files are simple and easy to work with, edit in a text editor etc.

Always KISS:
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=KISS

Regards
Uffe Kousgaard