From: Mark Neuhaus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 4:12 PM
To: Elizabeth Caponi
Subject: RE: MI-L Opening TIF files when there is a TFW

Hi Elizabeth,

>everything would be hunky-dory. And I had done it before but for some
>reason it's not working this time.

The other MBX we use is called GeoReg and it came with the earlier
Mapinfo
versions.  But it needs a true GeoTIFF, one which has all the projection

and registration information embedded in the header of the tiff file.
The
USGS DRGs are GeoTIFFs, for example.  For these files, MapInfo doesn't
even
need the TFW file.  When you run GeoReg, it asks for the file to open,
and
if it is indeed a true GeoTIFF, poof, you've got a registered image.

What fun, eh?  :-)

Mark