I don't think so, that produces an outer join error since multiple point
objects in one region would bring repeated region objects.  You can get a
list of points with the county region data associated with it, and point
objects on the map.

You could identify the county a point resides in using UPDATE COLUMN menu,
try adding a field in point table for County and updating the point table
with the region table, specify a geographic operator in the join dialog,

****OR****

in the SQL dialogue, specify specific fields (instead of *)from both tables
to bring together, again only the point objects will be there, To see the
county outlines, simply add the region table back in with the query via
layer control

Also it was not clear if the person wanted all point objects or a return of
point objects in a specified county such as

Select * from Points, Regions where Region.obj CONTAINS Point.obj AND
Region.CountyName LIKE "%Suffolk%"

William "Woody" Woodruff
Zoning Administrator
Charter Township of Union, Isabella County, Michigan
-84.80947000 43.61095100
2010 S Lincoln Rd, Mt. Pleasant, MI  48858
(989) 772 4600 EXT 41 - FAX (989) 773 1988
Visit our web site at http://www.geocities.com/ctuzoning/index.htm