This will depend greatly on what information is in  your addresspoint file
and in the missing addresses.
I presume you're in the UK
Possible solutions:
Map the addresspoint table and then match this to the addresses graphically
Match the addresses using some portion of the data which is in both files,
eg road name plus house number
There are commercial solutions: for a small sample the Post Office's web
site can be used for free
https://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/postcodefinder;jsessionid=HI2GPAMJEQCLMCRAZRYUOSQKEDGHEQ2K?pageId=pol_login&catId=7800129&_requestid=25902&cs=1

                      "Angela. S.

                      Winton"                  To:
MapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      tmail.com>               Subject:  MI-L Postcodes

                      27/01/2005 17:10

Dear all,

Something very simple but I am hoping somebody can help...I have 500
addresses most of which have incomplete postcodes, what I need to do is
find
the corresponding postcode for each address.  I have at hand a file called
Addresspoint.  Any ideas how I can use this and find the postcodes?

Many thanks

Angela