Hi Ian!

Maybe it's a silly notion, but I am thinking negative buffers here.
If you are lucky in that the buffers have been created with an equal
distance from their mother object, a negative buffer of a slightly smaller
measure will create a very narrow region object which, given a suitable
line width depending on scale at least visually could pass for a polyline
object.
The narrow region can of course be converted to a closed polyline which
then perhaps can be weeded down to a single polyline.

Hälsning / Best regards Mats.E
________________________
FB Engineering AB
Södra Förstadsgatan 26
211 43 Malmö

Tel: 040-660 25 50
Mobil: 0705-27 60 27
Fax: 040-660 25 99
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.fbe.se

"Ian Hull" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
2005-03-03 11:56

Till
MapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com
Kopia

Ärende
MI-L Ends of buffer

Hi All,

I'm trying to write a Mapbasic program (V5.5) to identify the two end
points of a series of buffers (around polylines - and no the polylines are
no longer available!). Some of the buffers are U shaped so max/min
functions return the wrong results. I'm thinking along the lines of
re-creating the original polylines or determining the maximum internal
distance? Has anyone got any other suggestions or better yet a tool that
does the job!

Regards,

Ian Hull

Greater Manchester Transportation Unit
Salisbury House
Granby Row
Manchester
M1 7AH

Internal Tel: 815 2059
Tel:      0161 455 2059
Fax:      0161 455 2071
E-mail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website:  http://www.agma.gov.uk/Units/TransportUnit.htm

the system manager.

Please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] with any
queries