From: John Nott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 May 2005 09:45
To: mapinfo-l@lists.directionsmag.com
Subject: MI - L Updating Column With Number Sequence

Hello All,

I have a table of about 500,000 entries which I need to get into excel for
editing as my access skills aren't what they should be. Unfortunately excel
will only take 65,000 or so. Is there anyway in MI that I can automatically
add a new column with an ID for each row i.e 1
- 500,000 so that I can use SQL select to break it into 'manageable chunks'

Thanks in advance for you help,

- John

John Nott

Consultant/GIS Analyst

ROGER TYM & PARTNERS

Fairfax House, 15 Fulwood Place, London, WC1V 6HU

t       020 7831 2711

f       020 7831 7653

e      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

w     www.tymconsult.com

The information in this email is confidential.  It may also be legally
privileged.  It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access to
it by any other person is unauthorised.  If you are not an addressee, you
must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely upon the
information contained in this email.  Such unauthorised use may be unlawful.
If you have received this email in error, please reply immediately to this
effect and delete it (and all copies) from your system (with thanks).  This
message and any attached files have been scanned for the presence of
computer viruses.  However, you are advised that you open any attachment at
your own risk.

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - (see
http://bluepages.wsatkins.co.uk/?4318150)

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If
you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in
this communication shall be legally binding.