From: David Reid [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12 September 2005 04:55
To: mapinfo-l@lists.directionsmag.com
Subject: MI-L Over Taxing a Workspace file

Greetings all,

I have been working on an updated wall map one which I have allowed myself
enough room within the right margin to place my street index. Taking
numerous steps with Mapinfo, Excel and UltraEdit, I have worked out the
layout of some 800 streets to fit within 4 columns and within my map sheet
(36"x60").

Since a frame of a browser window of this index won't fit due to the text
being too large, I next tried the display of my list in as a raster file,
_BLEC_ looked awful. So I've set out to use "Create Text" statements in the
workspace file for this index list.

My question... Is this over taxing or asking too much of the workspace file?
I'm aware that the more create text statements there are, the longer it will
take to open the work space, but I don't know of any better way to display
this list in my layout and have it print on the same sheet of paper.

Thanks,
David Reid

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - (see
http://bluepages.wsatkins.co.uk/?4318150)

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If
you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in
this communication shall be legally binding.