A little addition to the discussion about editing the Mapinfo.mnu to add custom hotkeys. I successfully created a couple of hotkeys to switch between the select and pan tools by inserting the following lines into the window menu section of Mapinfo.mnu:

  "Select\tCtrl+Space/W^%32"
  calling 1701,
  "Pan\tCtrl+M/W^M"
  calling 1702,

These worked fine, but I subsequently discovered that mapping the Ctrl+M sequence had the unwanted effect of disabling the ability to run commands in the Mapbasic window. I think the Ctrl+M sequence equates to a carriage return character (and vice versa?), and that defining a Ctrl+M hotkey causes presses of the return key in the Mapbasic window to be intercepted.

Whilst investigating this though, I also discovered that the Ctrl+Return key will insert a line feed character into the Mapbasic window, and this is useful if you need a new line to type on.

Andrew

--
Andrew Harfoot

tel: +44 (0) 23 80592719