Hi,

Can anyone suggest why today I cannot manually geocode some records in a table
using the same procedure that I have always used successfully?

As per the instructions in the MapInfo User Guide I have open my editable table
in the map and browser window.  I select the appropriate record in the browser
window, select the symbol tool, select the map window and click to insert the
map object.  Rather than connecting the attributes with the new point on the
map, this creates a new record which is inserted at the bottom of the browser
window.

I have tried this is version 6.5 and 7.8 with the same result

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sarah Williams
GIS Officer

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information contained in this email transmission is intended by North
Somerset Council for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is
directed and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise
confidential.  If you have received this email transmission in error, please
delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the
sender of the error by reply email.
Any views expressed within this message or any other associated files are the
views and expressions of the individual and not North Somerset Council.
North Somerset Council takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that no
viruses are transmitted with any electronic communications sent, however the
Council can accept no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting directly
or indirectly from the use of this email or any contents or attachments.
www.n-somerset.gov.uk
Main switchboard: 01934 888888