We have ship tracking software, for which one of our clients is after some
raster data.
We have found a supplier that is able to offer the data, but they have the
following
requirement:

"We need to ensure that the raster data supplied to your customers is
inaccessible to any software other than that developed by you".

Does anyone have any decent ideas about how to do this? I know that it can be
done
because the Admiralty Raster Charts system (ARCS) manages it somehow. I can't
think of any good way to do it, especially as we don't want any performance hit
each
cycle.

One fly in the ointment is that we are going to have multiple raster charts in
these
displays, and the other raster charts are all in WGS-84. Also we have a
software
limitation that the workspace MUST be in WGS-84 due to the way it was written
take in GPS data). I believe that with raster charts that are WGS-84 this
forces the
workspace to WGS-84 anyway (though my experience is all with MI 4.5 - haven't
even
taken my new MB 8.0 out of the box yet). Presumably the data on the hard drive
can
be in a different format, but by the time MapInfo sees it, it must be in (or
look like)
WGS84 raster data.

If there is a solution out there that costs a reasonable amount we may also be
interested in that.

Thanks,

Dave