Hello Bill,

> SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE Str$(obj) = "Point" INTO MyPoints

thanks !
but also i have found "stylist" tool, and this could be done even easier.
but your way is something new for me when sql is in question :)

> SELECT ObjectInfo(obj, 3) "Elev" FROM MyText

yes i know that but...

> ....if  you  want to assign those those values to the points they came from,
> you'll need
> some way to relate those text objects to the points they are associated with.
> That might
> be hard if the points are close together.

...  this  is  exactly  the problem! and using some buffer around points and
then updating
columns with text that fall inside buffer will not work. points are too close.
:(

thanks for help

--
Nebojsa Pesic