From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Peter Horsbøll Møller
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 10:24 AM
To: Bill Thoen; MapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com
Subject: RE: [MI-L] new app "Project Grande"?

Hi,

At MapWorld last week they showed a version of Grande that was able to open a workspace (.WOR), that contains MapBasic commands.

So they have already started implementing some sort of MapBasic support into the Grande Project, which will be the next generation desktop GIS from MapInfo.

At the moment MapInfo Corp. says that MapInfo Pro will continue to be extended with new functionality over the next couple of years. at the same time the Grande Project will get more and more of the same functionality as you can find in MapInfo Pro now. The first version of Grande will not have all the features of MapInfo Pro, but over time it will.

Peter Horsbøll Møller

GIS Developer, MTM

Geographical Information & IT

COWI A/S