Hi Lacey,

Discovery will work and you can host the map library right from your own web site server.  You can find out more about it here including a free trial so you can try it out.

http://extranet.mapinfo.com/products/Overview.cfm?productid=1672

Greg
            Greg Donahue      Senior Marketing Manager
MapInfo
  One Global View |Troy, NY 12180
Phone 518.285.6536
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Chan, Wai" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

06/07/2006 11:39 AM

mapinfo-l@lists.directionsmag.com
cc
Subject
[MI-L] Interactive Maps on the Web

Dear Listers,

I use MI Pro 8.0 to create quite a number of thematic maps. I would like to know, if I want the thematic maps be accessed interactively from the library’s web site (basic functions like viewers can turn layers on and off, zoom in and zoom out), what do I need (in terms of software, hardware and knowledge) to make this happens? I just want to check the feasibility.

I checked the MI Discovery but it seems to me that the maps have to be accessed from a MapInfo site, not your own web page, right? Any help would be much appreciated (I am only a MI Pro user. Don’t know much about web publishing or application development though). Thanks very much in advance.

Lacey

Wai Sze (Lacey) Chan
Information and Data Analysis Librarian
New Americans Program