And AJAX works great if you are a programmer and want to spend time creating it yourself.  If not and you need to share your maps, analysis and results, then there is Discovery.  Or you can use the free link to Google Earth.  But if you aren't a programmer, can't afford to spend the time to create the app and want to publish maps to the net, then Discovery is an excellent way to do it.

Trey Pattillo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

06/07/2006 07:14 PM

Please respond to

mapinfo-l@lists.directionsmag.com
cc
Subject
Re: [MI-L] Interactive Maps on the Web

And Discovery costs how much?

You might want to have a look here
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/08/10/ka-map.html
AJAX is what Google and Yahoo are using it is at no costs or much less that
others.

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 11:13, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Lacey,
>
> Discovery will work and you can host the map library right from your own
> web site server.  You can find out more about it here including a free
> trial so you can try it out.
>
> http://extranet.mapinfo.com/products/Overview.cfm?productid=1672
>
> Greg
>

> Greg Donahue      Senior Marketing Manager
>

> One Global View |Troy, NY 12180
>
> Phone 518.285.6536
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> "Chan, Wai" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 06/07/2006 11:39 AM

> mapinfo-l@lists.directionsmag.com
> cc
>
> Subject
> [MI-L] Interactive Maps on the Web
>

> Dear Listers,
>
> I use MI Pro 8.0 to create quite a number of thematic maps. I would like
> to know, if I want the thematic maps be accessed interactively from the
> library?s web site (basic functions like viewers can turn layers on and
> off, zoom in and zoom out), what do I need (in terms of software, hardware
> and knowledge) to make this happens? I just want to check the feasibility.
>

> I checked the MI Discovery but it seems to me that the maps have to be
> accessed from a MapInfo site, not your own web page, right? Any help would
> be much appreciated (I am only a MI Pro user. Don?t know much about web
> publishing or application development though). Thanks very much in
> advance.
>
> Lacey
>
> Wai Sze (Lacey) Chan
> Information and Data Analysis Librarian
> New Americans Program
> Queens Library
>
> 89-11 Merrick Blvd.
> Jamaica, NY 11432
>
> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> TEL: 718-990-8656
> FAX: 718-297-3404

Trey Pattillo

Failure is not an option....
It comes standard with all Microsoft products.