Title: Message
We are using the HP800 and 1055C.  The best advice I could give would be to down load the current drivers from HP for the machine.  Problems always begin with old drivers.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 1:31 PM
Subject: RE: [MI-L] MI - L HP DesignJet 800 and MapInfo Compatibility

I am running an HP 750c with very few problems with Mapinfo 7.0. We print maps with orthophotos/usgs topo raster bases almost exclusively. There were some memory issues with larger maps, but we found a workaround.  In the print-options for the 750c, there is a setting in which you can process in the printer or the computer.  The driver will suggest using the computer-processing “only for out of memory problems”, but our experience (at least with the 750c) suggests otherwise.  When we let the printer handle the processing, prints for a 36x50 map would take about 30 minutes to begin printing; a computer-processed print begins printing in about 5 minutes.

All in all, it’s been a great printer with no mechanical problems that has been serving us well for the last 5 years, and we bought the unit used!  The plotter is connected via TCP/IP, and we use our Dell server to act as the print server.

Anthony Hicke, PG, CHG

Project Groundwater Geologist

Richard C. Slade & Associates LLC

818.506.0418  North Hollywood

707.963.3914  St. Helena

818.506.1343  Fax

PLEASE NOTE:  The information in this email is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.  If you have received this email in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose this message or any information contained in it to anyone.  Please notify the sender by reply email and destroy the message.  Thank you.